July 07, 2011

Estate Sale Shopping

Today is hot and I don't feel like working in the garden, I'll water the tomatoes but that's it for today! Thursday is the first day of the good estate sales and there is a good one today that looks like the couple were pretty crafty, her into sewing and he a woodworker. j.l.b. wants to go with me so it should make a good mother daughter outing.......
Yup there were some pretty good deals there. I really liked an old 50's tin cake cover with a glass plate on it. If I painted the tin cover and embelished it with some painted roses it would be a beautiful thing......hmmm tomorrow (Friday) things usually go on sale for 50% off. It was a bit of a drive but it would only be $5.00 for that little gem. Have to think about it.

I didn't get much today. Check out these OLD trims and embroidered hankies - got the lot for $4 and I have made some really cute cards from embroidered hankies. I made one into a wedding dress as a Happy Engagement card awhile back.
These will be real cute! They have never been used and were still in the orginal package. They are very thin and already folded into nice triangular shapes - perfect for cards. I will try to post one next week so you can see how cute they are!

No comments:

Post a Comment